How It Works
Service Agreement is an agreement between a business providing services and its customer or client. For example, a Service Agreement might be used to define a work-agreement between a Company offering web designing services and its client.
Service Agreements include details such as deadlines and payment terms. Contracts also usually define the work to be performed and what process needs to take place if changes need to be made.
Content of Service Agreement
- Duration of the Agreement
- Payment Terms
- Definition of service
- Scope of service
- Inclusions and exclusions
- Ownership rights
- Rights and obligations of the Parties
- Representation and Warranties
- Limitation of Liability
- Termination method
- Governing law and dispute resolution mechanism
Laws governing Service Agreenent in India
The different laws which govern various aspects of Service Agreenent in India are as follows:
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Information Technology Act, 2002
- Copyright Act, 1957
- Patent Act, 1970
- Trade Marks Act, 1999
- Consumer Protection Act, 2019
- Senior Expert Lawyers: We will get your document drafted/reviewed by Senior Expert lawyers skilled in corporate laws. You can track the progress of your document on our platform at all times.
- 4.5 Customer Score: Clients are delighted with our service! They have consistently rated us high because of our focus on delivering quality output and providing regular updates.
- Responsible Delivery: Our team of experienced business advisors are just a phone call away. Our team will ensure that your interaction with the expert lawyer is smooth and seamless and the document draft is delivered to you within the committed timeline.
Our standard deliverables for every document drafting includes:
- 60 Minutes of Talk-Time with the Lawyer for drafting/reviewing the Agreement
- First draft of the documents will be delivered to you within a maximum of 2 working days
- Post-delivery of the first draft – Iterations in the master Document to incorporate your suggestions/changes
Frequently Asked Question
Can Service Agreement be singed electronically?
Is it mandatory to have a written Service Agreement?
While verbal agreements are enforceable, it is best to have Service Agreements in writing.
Creating a contract gives you the opportunity to outline expectations on both sides of the agreement. Contracts define the scope of the work, how much the job will cost, when payments need to be made, and how disputes are to be handled. If you do not have the agreement in writing, disagreements or misunderstandings may arise.
What are the advantages of Service Agreement?
Having executed a Service Agreement, both the parties are clear in terms of their expectations from what services would be offered, how the payment has to be paid, who will own the ownership rights, etc. This minises the chances of disputes, and goes a long way towards creating a healthy and long business relationship between the parties.
What our users have to say
I was planning to buy a plot in Nagpur. Before buying the land, I wanted to get all the documents verified and ensure it is free of fraud and forgery. LegalKart undertook every step carefully and their team was very responsive. I am impressed by their professionalism and would highly recommend their service.
Kishore Kamble, Pune
I had purchased a flat in Bangalore. The builder had delayed possession from the committed date. I was paying a high EMI and rent which increased my monthly cash outflow and this left me with no money at the end of the month. I was very stressed and didn’t know what to do. I came across LegalKart and their Property Expert Lawyer advised me to send a legal notice to the Builder and also appeal to the RERA for the delayed possession. I got compensation from the builder for the delay and finally also got possession of my flat.
B. Sivakumar, Bangalore